Sunday, June 28, 2009

My First Swimsuit!!!



I bought a bunch fo stretch lycra about a year ago. I've finally bitten the bullet and made my first swimsuit. Now I don't know why I was so anxious about it. I thought the stretchy factor would make it complicated but I found it to be quite easy. I posted on Pattern Review for help and many people recommended Kwik Sew patterns for their ease. I can easily buy a suit but I really wanted a retro style one. I bought one from a repro site. It was cute but for some unfathomable reason, they only lined the front. It is wearable but I find it a little thin from the back.




The pro to using lycra is that it makes fitting easy. My measurements don't fit into the pattern's measurements 100% but the stretch factor takes that worry away. I'm officially hooked on making swimsuits!

No comments:

My Reviews