Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gifts for a Baby

No not my baby! While I didn't get as much done as I had hoped before my friend's baby's birth, I'm proud of how these came out. 

I don't often work with knit fabrics but I'm pleased with these. I did things a little differently from the pattern. Most notably, I used foe instead of bias binding.

I took the Wee Ones class on Craftsy and stuck it out. I think it'd be easy for an intermediate knitter but as a beginner it was challenging. I'm glad I stuck it out and finished the bunny, even if he's a little deformed.

Needless to say, the parents are non-traditional, hence the Motorhead diaper bag. Figuring out the adjustable straps ended up being the most challenging part.

This entailed a lot of frogging and redoing but I'm happy with the end result, even if it's not perfect. It's my first sweater!


Rosie said...

Cindy, it was great to see you on Saturday (albeit briefly)! The baby items are adorable. I absolutely love the sweater. Great job!

Sickofitcindy said...

Thanks Rosie! You disappeared so quickly!

My Reviews