I haven't been sewing much, just here and there working on my corset. I did finish this easy top by Jennifer Lauren Vintage. It was the perfect project to get back into sewing. I rebelled and didn't even make a muslin! No darts or pleats made this really appealing. Just an easy to wear vintage-inspired top. I made the size 20 but took an additional 5/8" off of the side seams and took a little bit off the front seam. Normally I measure my flat pattern but I was kind of stumped about how to go about this as it has kimono sleeves and wasn't sure where the armscye would end. I contacted Jennifer and she suggested measuring right when the sleeve ends. There's a bit of ease as it's meant to be a pull over top. I found that even though my measurements are slightly larger, I had no problems with the pattern. I used quilting cotton which was fine but I think Liberty lawn would have been better. However, I tend to buy my LL in 3 yard increments and I would have had 1 yard left over. I didn't want to "waste" the LL as I'm just not thin enough to eke out another project with 1 yarn of fabric. I'm not really one for mixing fabrics either. This is a great wearable muslin. I could have taken off more on the sides but I didn't want to ruin the easy to wear factor my making it too fitted. The length is perfect for me too. I think it was designed to be tucked in which I will never do but it falls just where I like it.
Catalog Sunday - Today is a repost of one of my favorite Butterick catalogs :)
16 hours ago